Gold Award for Springwell Leeds Academy
06th September 2021
Springwell Leeds Academy has achieved a Gold standard, the highest level possible level, in the School Mental Health Award.
The award, which is part of a national programme run by the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools looks in detail at how the school supports mental health across a number of areas. The award assesses competency with regards to support for mental health in:
- Leadership and Strategy
- Organisational structure and culture – pupils
- Organisational structure and culture – staff
- Support for staff Excelling
- Professional development and learning
- Support for pupils
- Working with parents and carers
- Working with external services
Springwell Leeds Academy was judged as “Excelling” in all these areas.
We are delighted to gain this recognition for the hard work and commitment shown by our staff everyday at Springwell Leeds and are grateful to John Gillard who led this for us and the the staff who also contributed.