Springwell Leeds Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, this is something to which all our staff and volunteers are fully committed.
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding legislation and the UK Government states that Safeguarding is:-
- protecting vulnerable children from abuse or neglect.
- making sure people are fully supported in order to gain access to health care and stay well.
- ensuring that children are growing up in safe and effective environments.
- taking action in order to ensure that all children and young adults have support to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- making sure that all children and young adults receive safe and nurturing care.
- it is making sure that all children and young people are supported in order to have a full and happy life.
We have a number of Designated Safeguarding Officers, based across each of our sites:
Dave Roberts – Designated Safeguarding Lead
Colette Miller -Designated Safeguarding Lead
Staff at Springwell Leeds also follow the Department for Education’s statutory guidance which can be found in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. The policy, along with other key Safeguarding documents, can be accessed via the links below:-
- Working Together to Safeguard Children_-_Guide
- SLA Safeguarding Child Protection LA Model Policy 2022-2023
- School Notification Leeds Protocol Review
- GSWP May 2019 final (1) safer working practice
Additional Safeguarding Resources:-