Springwell Leeds Academy aims to meet the needs of the vast majority of our students through quality first teaching which is characterised by:
- Deployment of specialist staff
- High levels of quality training and professional development
- An excellent understanding of pupil needs
- Teaching that is personalised for the needs of individual pupils
- Individual, regularly updated plans to support learning and behaviour
Additional Therapeutic Services
We recognise that in some cases, quality first teaching alone is not enough to fully meet the needs of our children and young people. In these instances, Springwell Leeds Academy may implement a range of specific and targeted therapeutic interventions, designed to meet individual needs.
Needs are identified through a thorough needs assessment process and where appropriate, a referral is made to one or more of a range of interventions and services working within the Academy:
- Educational Psychologist
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Counselling services
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Therapeutic Music sessions
If your child has been identified as potentially benefiting from one of these additional services, you will be contacted by a member of staff, usually the SENCO from your child’s site, who will discuss it in detail with you.