- ‘Wish You Were Here’ brochure
- Filming a TV commercial for Leeds
- Numbers – Students use their knowledge of the order of operations to carry out calculations involving the four operations.
- Measurement – Clculate, estimate and compare volumes of cubes and cuboids using standard units. Cm3 and m3.
- Geometry – Position and direction.
- What is tourism?
- The history of tourism.
- Types of tourism.
- The impact of tourism.
- Takes place at Armley Leisure Centre.
Food and Nutrition:
- Ready Steady Cook! – Setting a culinary challenge.
Each week students will be given a different set of ingredients and will have to prepare a dish and write a recipe for the dish.
Pupils participate in the following:
- Fire Fit with The Yorkshire Fire Service
- Bike maintenance
- Building college
- Growth Mindset
1:1 sessions with Miss Baker – Music Teacher
- 15 minutes of afternoon reading for all students.
- Paired reading with a member of staff for all students.
- Reading intervention for students with low reading ages.
- Library session for all students.
- Launch of second reading competition – ‘Time to Read’
Part of the SEAL programme – Students are given the opportunity to experience and develop in various social settings which include:
- Dining – a visit to a local restaurant for example.
- Cultural – a visit to Armley Museuam for example.
- Sports and Leisure – a visit to the Leeds Climbing Wall for example.
- Environment – a visit to Roundhay Park for example.